I get many emails from people asking me when I’ll be teaching classes or workshops in their area. They want personalized help with their exercises and daily routine. They’ve purchased my book or DVDs and would like to have me see if they’re doing the exercises correctly.
The best way to get that help is in person. I’m usually busy teaching clinical trainings or Somatic Exercise Coach trainings, but now, for those of you who want to learn directly from me, ask me questions and be assessed in person…here’s your chance!
Learn to move freely, efficiently and intelligently – a 2-day Somatics workshop for the general public
Experience two days of movement classes with me, Martha Peterson, author of Move Without Pain, and Certified Hanna Somatic Educator. I will teach you the most important basic Somatic Exercises – and more – from Thomas Hanna’s “Myth of Aging” series. You will enjoy a comprehensive experience of Somatic Movement, pandiculation, and how to apply the improvements you experience in your body to your daily life. There will be group discussion, and plenty of time for questions and answers about Hanna Somatics and how to address your particular muscle pain condition.
If you’ve been working with the Somatic Exercises and would like individualized attention from me, come learn to deepen your Somatics practice. If you’ve “tried everything” for your back, neck, shoulder or hip pain, and have only experienced short term relief, come learn a new perspective on movement and muscle pain and begin building your Somatics practice.
Participants will learn:
- How to recognize the three stress reflexes (red light, green light, trauma) in yourself and others.
- How muscles become habitually tight and painful and contribute to recurring injury, poor posture and inefficient movement.
- How your movement habits and reflexive responses to stress contribute to conditions such as low back pain, neck, shoulder, hip and joint pain, sciatica, and chronic headaches.
- How to release tight, painful muscles safely without stretching.
- A daily routine of easy, safe and profoundly effective movements that, when practiced daily restore muscle control and awareness and eliminate chronic muscle pain.
Each participant will receive an audio practice CD and a DVD of the basic Somatic Exercises which you will learn in the workshop.
Click here to read a full workshop description or to register.
This workshop is of special interest to anyone struggling with chronic functional muscle pain: back, neck, shoulder, hip, knee or foot pain – or limited movement. The workshop is appropriate for people of all ages and fitness levels. No previous experience of Somatic Exercises is necessary.